eWorld Forum 2012 :: Award Winners
Transformation of Mineral Administration through e-Governance::(n)Code Solutions – A Division of GNFC Ltd.
Details of Applicant :
Name : Mr. Srinivas H R
Address : No.49, Khanija Bhavan, Race Course Road,
City : Bangalore
State : Karnataka
Country : INDIA
Zip Code :560001
Details of Project/Implementing Agency :
Name of Organisation : (n)Code Solutions – A Division of GNFC Ltd.
Address : 301, GNFC Infotower, Bodakdev
City : Ahmedabad
State : Gujarat
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 380054
Name of the head of Organisation : Mr. Jagdeep S Kochar
Web : https://ncodesolutions.com
Brief description of the programme/project/Initiative :
•(n)Code Solutions, a division of GNFC has offered its IT and ITeS Services to Department of Mines and Geology (DMG), Government of Karnataka. (n)Code has offered integrated software development and portal application modules such as, e-Permit , e-return, Demand Register, M – Pass for Non specified Minor Minerals, Weigh Bridge Integration and other related modules covered in a single portal for stakeholders of Geology & Mining in Karnataka State. •The project offers real time services to mining/quarry leaseholders in Karnataka. •The project has largely covered and implemented Information & Communication Technologyy (ICT) and has tremendous administrative potential. •Using ICT tools, the project has radically transformed the way of working of Mining/Quarry Industry in Karnataka. ICT has created a structure for service delivery, efficiency, effectiveness, transparency, accountability and has paved a way for better governance in mineral administration functions. •Mining business processes are converted into electronic mode for ease of access to stakeholders and thus reducing the human interaction between govt. and stake holders on daily / weekly/ monthly basis.
Why was the project started :
The primary aim was to reduce the human intervention and conversation of old manual processes to electronic process to enhance service delivery such as Bulk Permit, Trip sheet and Rake Permit issuance, return submission, demand register etc for various stakeholders of geology and mining. The project also aimed at better governance, transparency and hassle free administration.
Comprehensive Computerization of Mineral Administration for Department of Mines and Geology, Karnataka.
Target group :
Mining / Quarry Lease owners, Mineral stockists, Weigh bridge owners, Flying squad, State / Central Govt. officials
Date from which the project became operational : 04/01/2011
Is the Project still operational : YES
10 points that make the programme/project innovative?
- The system is Web based, which enables easy coverage in geographical area
- Due to modular approach more processes can be incorporated into the system.
- Upgrade of central hardware can easily cater to larger numbers
- Higher volume can be catered to by increase in bandwidth and other resources.
- With increase in number of processes a wider ambit of stakeholders can be addressed.
- Help Desk & hand holding for successful roll out.
- Online integration of Weigh Bridge with e – Permit system to avoid the human interaction while generating the Trip sheet in Mines.
- Web based Interface for IBM (Indian bureau of Mines) so that IBM officials can know the status of E Return.
- Multi Mode Transportation. System has given provision to lessee and buyer for Multi mode Transportation.
- Trip sheet Verification through Mobile for both Major and Minor Minerals.